GIS DAY 2017
Pictures from GIS Day
GIS teams from governments and organizations from around the County will show off their maps and apps. Make sure to check this site frequently as we'll add regular updates.
We'll have refreshments for you to sample as you peruse maps and apps from:
- City of Redwood City GIS Team
- City of San Mateo GIS Team
- County of San Mateo Department of Public Works
- County of San Mateo Envrionmental Health Services
- County of San Mateo GIS Team
- County of San Mateo Health System
- County of San Mateo Office of Sustainability Active Transportation, Home for All, Sea Level Rise, Waste Hauling Program
- County of San Mateo Parks Department
- San Mateo County Libraries
- United States Geoglogical Survey (USGS)
Join us for a special opportunity to experience the Lookmobile, a custom-built trailer that highlights the County’s unique composition, features, and perspectives through inquiry-based learning and offers visitors evocative map exhibits, map making activities, perspective drawing windows, a pinhole camera wall, a camera obscura, and a fog tricycle.
Come for the maps, stay for the food and fun. Hope to see you at GIS Day!
November 15, 2017 from 11 am - 2 pm
455 County Center, First Floor Lobby
If you would like to participate in GIS Day or have questions about the event, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedule of Events
11:00 am Maps and apps open house/networking
12:00 pm Light lunch and snacks available
12:45 pm Maps and apps open house/networking
1:30 pm Raffle for map-related prizes
2:00 pm Thanks and hope to see you next year!
GIS Day Planning Team
Rumika Chaudhry, County of San Mateo GIS Team Lead
Lewis Lock, County of San Mateo GIS Team
Richie Pierce, County of San Mateo GIS Team
John Ridener, County of San Mateo Open Data Community Liaison
David Savory, County of San Mateo GIS Team